The Student News Site of Park View High School

The View

The View

The View

Senior Spotlight – Gabriel Velasquez

On this week’s edition of Senior Spotlight we interviewed a well-known barber Gabriel Velasquez about his time here at Park View. 

Q: “How was your time here at PV?”

A: “It wasn’t bad but I could’ve done better with my grades and with my classes and just making more friendships.”

Q: “What teachers would you like to thank or left an impact on you?”

A: “I’d like to thank Mr. Stewart because I had him last year, my junior year and he helped me a lot. Although he would get on my nerves sometimes and I know I’d get on his nerves, he did help me.”

Q: “How does the idea of your childhood coming to an end make you feel?” 

A: “It is pretty intimidating but it is inevitable, so I guess I kind of just have to get through it and use my time wisely because time is money.”

Q: “How does starting your adult life make you feel, anything you’re excited about or nervous about?”

A: “I’m nervous about the responsibility because I can lack that sometimes and it’s just a lot of pressure, it can be a lot of pressure I can only imagine. 

Q: “What advice would you give your freshman self”

A: “I would’ve told myself to just use my time wisely, slacking with school work isn’t gonna help you at all.”

Q: “Do you plan on pursuing a career as a barber your whole life?”

A: “Absolutely not. I want to be a person with different sources of income. I want to study something, maybe even get a real estate license, just invest my money overall. I don’t see myself stuck doing one thing.”

Q: “What do you plan on studying?” 

A: “I’ve always had an entrepreneur mindset and I want to use it. I’m not sure what I want to study yet but I just need to take initiative and get my life together, but that’s a lot easier said than done.”